The Governance Committee provides for the Governing Board’s effectiveness and continuing development.
The specific responsibilities of the Governance Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Recommending to the Governing Board policies and processes designed to provide for effective and efficient governance, with specific reference to the formulation of APIC’s Strategic and Business Plans and their execution against key performance indicators, proposing corrective actions to APIC policies and procedures where required (PRS 3.6)
- Reviewing and monitoring Academic Board’s conduct, which includes nominating a representative to observe at least one Academic Board meeting annually and nominating a representative to observe at least one Board of Examiners meeting annually, proposing corrective actions to APIC policies and procedures where required (PRS 3.7)
- Reviewing and recommending a position description detailing responsibilities of and expectations for Governing Board members and the Governing Board Chai
- Overseeing nominations or the selection of candidates for election and re-election to the Governing Board, including the Chair of the Governing Board
- Overseeing the Governing Board’s annual self-assessment and improvement process, including reviewing its Charter; and
- Appointing and monitoring the performance of the President and Principle Executive Officer.