Graduate Certificate in Business Management (GradCertBus)
|Award||Graduate Certificate in Business Management(GradCertBus)|
|AQF Level||AQF 8|
|Typical Duration||0.67 year|
|Unit of Study||4|
|Structure||4 Core units|
The GradCertBus is designed to equip graduates with broad management skills and is intended for entry-level managers and those seeking appointment to those roles. The disciplines include business ethics, accounting, leadership, and information management. All studies are focused on projects in the selected industry contexts to re-enforce the practical nature of the course. The main purpose of the course is to build students skills, knowledge and the application of those skills as career enhancement attributes. Sustainability and ethical behaviours are foundational underpinnings for managerial decisions and actions. Completion of this course allows students to progress to the Master of Business Administration course.
Possible careers for graduates include early managerial roles in: General management; Sales and promotions; Information Systems management; Human Resource Management; Business skills training; and Project Management.
Government and Professional Accreditation
- APIC courses are nationally accredited and registered by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and included in the National Register of Higher Education Providers.
- APIC is registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). GradCertBus CRICOS Code is 107334M.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Use appropriate technologies and methodologies, review, critically analyse and apply theoretical and practical knowledge, research findings, information, concepts, and standards to support and justify enterprise decisions.
- Generate sustainable solutions to complex real world, contemporary enterprise problems.
- Interact effectively in diverse teams to deliver outcomes, both as team members and as team leaders, as appropriate to the context.
- Effectively communicate complex concepts, relating to the analysis, planning, design and evaluation of responses to enterprise problems to stakeholders using appropriate communication modalities.
- Demonstrate responsible, accountable and ethical behaviour.
- Objectively reflect on and evaluate outcomes and feedback for continuous improvement.
|Compulsory Units||Credit Points||Pre-requisite Units|
|BUS5001 Ethical Legal and Industrial Frameworks||8||-|
|BUS5002 Applied Accounting and Financial Management||8||-|
|BUS5003 Information Systems and Data Analysis||8||-|
|BUS5004 Leadership and Influence||8||-|
Duration of Study
The duration of the GradCertBus course is 0.67 year full-time or up to 1 year (3 trimesters) part-time for domestic students. An accelerated program is available.
Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- successfully completed a Bachelor degree (AQF 7) or higher awarded by a recognised university or higher education institution, in any discipline; OR
- successfully completed an Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma (AQF 6) awarded by a recognised university or higher education institution, in any discipline, AND have at least two-years full-time managerial and/or professional work experience in a related field; OR
- a minimum of three-years full-time managerial and/or professional work experience in a related field; OR
- a minimum of five-years full-time general work experience in a related field.
English language requirements
All applicants from a non-English speaking background applying to any postgraduate course at APIC must satisfy the following additional English language requirements:
|IELTS Academic: overall band score of 6.5 or higher, with a minimum score of 6.0 in writing and speaking; OR|
|IBT (Internet-based TOEFL): overall score of 79 with a writing section minimum of 21 and speaking 18; OR|
|Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): Overall score 180, writing and speaking 180;OR|
|Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE): Overall 176 with a writing and speaking minimum score of 169; OR|
|PTE Academic Module with a minimum score of 58 with a writing and speaking section minimum of 50.|
In addition to the requirements above, APIC students are required to successfully complete the APIC Academic Integrity Module within the first three weeks of their study at APIC, as stated in the APIC Academic Integrity Policy. This module provides students with information about their academic integrity responsibilities, the importance of proper acknowledgment and referencing, and how to avoid plagiarism and other types of academic misconduct.