Student Learning Support
Student Learning Support
Student Learning Support at APIC aims to improve the academic experience for all students by supporting and motivating you to do the best work you can and by developing skills for succeeding with your academic studies and improving your job-readiness.
Our academic support is delivered via the following three main channels: online academic skills resources, individual and small group consultations and in-class skill development.
Online Academic Skills Resources
- Academic integrity and referencing
- Understanding and planning assessments.
- Reading and note taking for assessments.
- Academic writing skills (e.g. paraphrasing, creating flow in your writing, using formal language, identifying common errors, revising and editing, checking for overall coherence).
- Assessment type writing guides (e.g. essay, report, literature review, case study, summary, reflective essay, learning journal, research proposal).
- Researching (e.g. searching for information, locating and evaluating sources, refining search terms, keeping track of your resources, getting the most out of your search).
- Exam preparation
- Professional skills (e.g. teamwork, time management, oral presentations).
- Maths and computer skills refresher.
Individual and Small Group Consultations
Students are able to book individual or small group consultations with a Learning and Teaching Advisor for assistance with specific study-related issues. For example, we can help you:
- learn specific skills and develop strategies for paraphrasing, referencing, using linking words, reading academic texts, editing your work, and so on;
- understand the requirements and format of different types of assessments, such as essays, case studies and reports;
- break down feedback you received on an assessment and work out a plan for improving your next assessment based on the feedback;
- prepare a plan or outline for an upcoming assessment; or
- review a draft assessment and discuss areas of strength and areas for improvement.
As well as regular business hours support, we also offer consultation hours two evenings a week (Wednesdays and Thursdays, 7:30pm - 9pm). Consultations can be delivered face-to-face on campus, or via phone or video conference (Zoom, Skype).
In-Class Skill Development
The Student Learning Support team work closely with teaching staff to enhance students’ academic and professional skills inside the classroom. We collaborate with academic staff to identify specific areas for skill development and learning support, and then create tailored resources, learning activities and in-class presentations that are context-specific and are linked to assessment tasks.
Sydney Campus Contact Number: 02 9318 8111
Melbourne Campus Contact Number: 03 9603 5301
Monday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Wednesday: 8:30am – 2:30pm, 7:30pm – 9pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 2:30pm, 7:30pm – 9pm
Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm