Vision, Mission and Values
APIC will be a transformational, challenge-based and distinctive higher education provider. At APIC, students, educators,researchers, professionals and other stakeholders will work together exploring collaborative solutions to real-world problems. APIC will use flipped learning with students studying course content online, where face-to-face time is reserved for collaborative, applied problem-solving, drawing inspiration from the arts, science and professional practice. Through challenging action learning and action research, its students and stakeholders will transform themselves, responding to and preparing for the changing world of work. APIC will operate beyond standards.
APIC develops and delivers action learning and action research that transforms individuals, business and
society by enabling the collaborative development of solutions to real-world challenges.
- Real-world engaged
- Best-practice governance
- Academic primacy
- Academic freedom with responsibility
- Collegial professionalism
- Quality and excellence
- Rigour and integrity
- Responsible marketing
- Communicate clearly, early and often
- Wellbeing, respect, compassion, forgiveness and gratitude
- Analytical and Scholarly: APIC graduates will be able to locate, select and evaluate information from a range of sources to ensure currency of their knowledge base.
- Ethical and Inclusive Professionals: APIC graduates will respect multiple perspectives, human rights, and ethical principles. They will also be capable of autonomy and self- directed practice.
- Innovative Problem Solvers and Decision Makers: APIC graduates will be curious, enquiring and adaptable, embracing and creating change. They will be able to find novel and effective solutions for anticipated and unexpected challenges and make appropriate, timely and justified decisions.
- Excellent Communicators: APIC graduates will be able to communicate effectively in oral and written English and collaborate with others to achieve outcomes. They will be able to adapt their communication style to context.
- Critical and Reflective Thinkers: APIC graduates will actively reflect on and critique information, decisions, and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Leaders and Collaborators:APIC graduates will be able to work effectively in diverse teams that require leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills to achieve outcomes.