Dr Nectar Costadopoulos
BA, MTechInfSysEng, MCompRes, PhD
Nectar specialises in a number of discipline areas including web/multimedia technologies, information systems, computer security, and cyber ethics. In addition to teaching Nectar is a consultant in the area of web/e-commerce technology and has been involved in operating several e-business websites. This ‘hands-on’ expertise is incorporated in his overall teaching strategy to enrich student learning.
His qualifications include a Bachelor of Arts in communications majoring in multimedia, a Master of Technology degree majoring in Information Systems Engineering, a Master of Computing Research, currently, Nectar is completing his Ph.D. in Data Science.
Web/multimedia technologies, e-commerce, management of information systems, introductory cyber security, and cyber ethics, data science, AI.
Affective computing, data science, machine learning, knowledge discovery.
• A knowledge discovery and visualisation method for unearthing emotional states from physiological data. Costadopoulos, N., Islam, M. Z. & Tien, D., Mar 2021, In: International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics. 12, p. 843-858 16
• Building a ‘moral operating system’ for IT students: Pedagogies and problems. Bellamy, C. & Costadopoulos, N., 09 Dec 2019
• Ethical implications of user perceptions of wearable devices. Segura Anaya, L. H., Alsadoon, A., Costadopoulos, N. & Prasad, P. W. C., Feb 2018, In: Science and Engineering Ethics. 24, 1, p. 1-28 28
• Data mining and knowledge discovery from physiological sensors. Costadopoulos, N., Islam, Z. & Tien, D., 05 Jun 2019, PETRA '19: Proceedings of the 12th ACM International Conference on PErvasive Technologies Related to Assistive Environments. United States: ACM, p. 468-474 7
• Discovering emotional logic rules from physiological data of individuals. Costadopoulos, N., Islam, Z. & Tien, D., 2019, In Proc. of the 18th International Conference on Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ICMLC), 2019. Kobe, Japan, p. 468-474 7
• Using Z-score to extract human readable logic rules from physiological data. Costadopoulos, N., Islam, Z. & Tien, D., Oct 2019, Proceedings of 2019 11th International Conference on Knowledge and Systems Engineering, KSE 2019. Mothe, J., Son, L. H. & Quoc Vinh, N. T. (eds.). United States: IEEE, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, p. 1-6 6 p. 8919473